Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Training Tool #1

The other day I was thinking. "I need to figure out a way to train for the next 5k" Something that will help me start easy and not kill me in the process. So I picked up my phone. I have an Android. And I hit the icon that said "Play Store" where I typed the word "running" in. I searched through pages of apps that I knew I didn't want until I found C25K Free. I could play music and work up to being a better runner in eight weeks. Hmmm..worth a try. So I downloaded. Week 1, Day one. Five minute warm up, then jog for 60 seconds and brisk walk for 90 seconds. Continue the jog/walk for 20 minutes and then a five minute cool down. Yesterday morning (before the storm and tornadoes hit) I went out and tried it. Pretty cool. The phone cues you on when to start warming up, when to jog, when to walk, when to cool down and even congratulates you in the end! It was hard. My side hurt. My lungs hurt. But I was proud of myself for doing it. Today, I have had so much going on and have just been feeling stressed out. And something impossible happened. I really, really, really wanted to get out and do it again. Go for a half hour jog/walk. Feel the cool air in my hair. Breathe. Yes, feel the pain...but get rid of the stress. And I didn't have time. Bummer. But I wanted to. Wanting to jog? Wanting to exercise? Not me. I am going to take my temperature now because I think I must be getting sick.... I will keep you posted on how the app works, but it is available for the Iphone and Android, and you can check it out here: C25K Free.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no running expert...just a girl on a mission to run a 5K a month. Leave me a message here if you have any comments, questions or just want to say hi.