Monday, April 30, 2012

Warrior Dash!

Warrior Dash was SO much fun! But it was really difficult too! I have to admit, that this was my first mud run and for some reason, I didn't think about the fact that we would be running on dirt...duh. At first  I thought that running on dirt was way easier than running on pavement. Then the dust caught my lungs. All I know is that as hard as I tried, my lungs were on fire. Burning, searing pain. I couldn't breathe. Darn. How do people do this? So we slowed down and walked the majority of the run :-( 
But here is the thing. I cleared all the obstacles quickly and wound up in the middle of my age group overall, based on time. Not bad I guess. I am determined to get better. I had a ton of fun swimming, climbing, jumping over fire, and getting covered in mud and I would do it again. If you are contemplating doing this, go for it! It's a blast. Here is a picture of Neil and I after we finished, covered in mud.... It makes me smile just looking at it. Two weeks until the Dine and Dash 5k....Here we go again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am no running expert...just a girl on a mission to run a 5K a month. Leave me a message here if you have any comments, questions or just want to say hi.